Fenland Performance Automotive Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELLO ALL

+4
Hovis_211
Nic
Chief
redgolfgirl
8 posters

Go down

HELLO ALL Empty HELLO ALL

Post  redgolfgirl Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:55 pm

I am another Fendubber recruit. Any upper age limit on here???

Here's a photo of my beloved GTi which had a mega restoration at the end of last year.

HELLO ALL DSCF3372

redgolfgirl

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

HELLO ALL Empty Re: HELLO ALL

Post  Chief Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:55 am

Hello and welcome to FPAC! A very tidy looking VW you have! Smile

upper age limit?
Chief
Chief
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:58 am

No there isn't
Awesome car there, very similar but better than dan's! lol! [only jokin dan] Welcome.
Nic
Nic
Geek

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Hovis_211 Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:20 am

hey loving the car Smile Looks really tidy. Welcome to the Forums cheers

Dazz
Hovis_211
Hovis_211

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

HELLO ALL Empty Thanks

Post  redgolfgirl Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:46 am

For the friendly welcome. Age - not telling hahaha. I'm sure Dan loves his car. Had mine 11 years and decided as I was keeping it forever something had to be done. VW did a fantastic job and here are a few pics taken along the way. Earlier one was taken 3 months later when I collected it.

HELLO ALL HPIM1337

HELLO ALL HPIM1335

HELLO ALL DSCF2289

HELLO ALL HPIM1388

redgolfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Chief Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:51 am

wow thats awsome stuff! Car looks amazing. Did the do anything resto work on the engine at all?
Chief
Chief
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Number of posts : 580

Back to top Go down

Post  Goose Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:31 am

Welcome to the site! Loving the GTI! Thats one hell of a resto! I'd kill for a GTi like that! Hope to see you at some of our shows! Where abouts do you come from?
Goose
Goose
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Number of posts : 326

Back to top Go down

Post  COOKIE Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:43 am

hello Smile
Very nicely done
COOKIE
COOKIE

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  redgolfgirl Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:57 am

Thanks guys, I am very chuffed with it and had I not got it, I would kill for one like it! right colour too. Engine rebuilt 20,000 miles ago so nicely (and carefully) run in. Nothing was left and I was promised by the VW dealer, Vindis, who did it for me that there is not a speck of rust inside, out or underneath left on it. Two coats of primer, three paint and Supaguarded. That's why it took three months. Might be other people who do cheaper jobs but you get what you pay for and I have a better than new car which hopefully won't need anything major for a long time. come from Fenstanton, car can be seen art an abart, often in St Ives but is mainly garaged at the moment due to weather and gets a blast once or twice a week. Roll on better weather, daily use again.

redgolfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan34 Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi. welcome to FPAC. Very nice car! in a dam site better condition that mine lol

How much that respray set you back? if you dont mind me asking

Dan
Dan34
Dan34

Number of posts : 402

Back to top Go down

Post  redgolfgirl Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi Dan, the paint job was the icing on the cake. If you really want to know, the cost of the job was about half the price of a new top of range GTi. Call me mad if you wish, but I like my car, not sentimental, it's the one they got right.

redgolfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan34 Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:21 am

redgolfgirl wrote:Hi Dan, the paint job was the icing on the cake. If you really want to know, the cost of the job was about half the price of a new top of range GTi. Call me mad if you wish, but I like my car, not sentimental, it's the one they got right.

Nothing mad about that, you got the right car repsrayed!!! Very Happy

i would love to repsray mine one day but i doubt il ever get round to it lol

Dan
Dan34
Dan34

Back to top Go down

Post  redgolfgirl Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi again Dan, please realise it was not just a respray. The whole car was ripped to pieces and I was horrified at what was found on "that nice clean Golf" as it was locally known. Even a hole under the roof trim, Vindis left no stone unturned. Almost £10,000 spent on it, OK I may not get that back but I have what I want. Put a photo of yours on or send me a message with a photo.

Hope to get Golfie out tomorrow for a blast, not being a whimp but it only comes out when the roads are dry after the intensive work done on it. It would be an insult to Vindis to use it willy nilly. Can't wait for summer, wooo hooo - my 80 something mother loves it when I say "Hang onto your seat" hahahahaha she was awful (nervous driver/passenger) till we had a row one day and she realised that whacking it down a couple of gears gives me all I want. She loves the buzz now! OK yes I am an "older" person, will not reveal age cos I don't feel it but it's the only reason I could afford to get my P & J done. Where do you live? Reason I ask is you might see it around during better weather.

redgolfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan34 Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:52 pm

redgolfgirl wrote:Hi again Dan, please realise it was not just a respray. The whole car was ripped to pieces and I was horrified at what was found on "that nice clean Golf" as it was locally known. Even a hole under the roof trim, Vindis left no stone unturned. Almost £10,000 spent on it, OK I may not get that back but I have what I want. Put a photo of yours on or send me a message with a photo.

Hope to get Golfie out tomorrow for a blast, not being a whimp but it only comes out when the roads are dry after the intensive work done on it. It would be an insult to Vindis to use it willy nilly. Can't wait for summer, wooo hooo - my 80 something mother loves it when I say "Hang onto your seat" hahahahaha she was awful (nervous driver/passenger) till we had a row one day and she realised that whacking it down a couple of gears gives me all I want. She loves the buzz now! OK yes I am an "older" person, will not reveal age cos I don't feel it but it's the only reason I could afford to get my P & J done. Where do you live? Reason I ask is you might see it around during better weather.

ah who cares about age anyway lol, glad to here youve got a need for speed lol. anywho im glad you got the repspray done good and proper is the only way i think, may aslwell have got it done properly so now the paint will stay mint forever also glad to here you will use it daily in the summer, do you go to some of the shows like GTI fest at santa pod?

Dan
Dan34
Dan34

Back to top Go down

Post  turboshawn Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:39 pm

hi red golf girl queen -age LOL im 34 the only thing needed is pride in your car and we have lots of VW's here in the state's cheer's turboshawn Twisted Evil

turboshawn

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  redgolfgirl Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:09 pm

Dan, only shows I have done are dog and horse. Not sure about Golfie as the engine bay was not repainted. Reason being my husband has not the time to remove and replace and for Vindis to do it the cost would have been massive so it was not justifiable. It's not bad under there and pretty clean - my engine does not gleam with loads of polished thingies on it and as I have no idea of what is expected perhaps it would not be worth thinking about. Are you supposed to have an engine you can see your face in? We could clean and polish the engine bay and I'm sure it would look really good. Took it out yesterday for its weekly blast as roads were dry, God I miss driving it, roll on better weather. I keep going to push electric window buttons, how sad is that?

Thanks also for the age comments hahaha, yes I love it and the speed, only when it's safe though and no cameras about! We went to Welwyn to see a V40 which they promised to keep for the day, got there and the sods had sold it. Me being canny always has a trick up my sleeve. Identical one the other side of Grantham in Barkston. Got snarled in Saturday shopping traffic through Grantham and arrived there in an hour in Golfie with Himself next to me keeping quiet all the way. He rarely drives above 60 so it was a nice treat hehehe. Anyway, we bought that V40 and he's happy with it. Spose it's a lifetime playing around on ponies which keeps me young.

redgolfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan34 Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:39 pm

redgolfgirl wrote:Dan, only shows I have done are dog and horse. Not sure about Golfie as the engine bay was not repainted. Reason being my husband has not the time to remove and replace and for Vindis to do it the cost would have been massive so it was not justifiable. It's not bad under there and pretty clean - my engine does not gleam with loads of polished thingies on it and as I have no idea of what is expected perhaps it would not be worth thinking about. Are you supposed to have an engine you can see your face in? We could clean and polish the engine bay and I'm sure it would look really good. Took it out yesterday for its weekly blast as roads were dry, God I miss driving it, roll on better weather. I keep going to push electric window buttons, how sad is that?

Thanks also for the age comments hahaha, yes I love it and the speed, only when it's safe though and no cameras about! We went to Welwyn to see a V40 which they promised to keep for the day, got there and the sods had sold it. Me being canny always has a trick up my sleeve. Identical one the other side of Grantham in Barkston. Got snarled in Saturday shopping traffic through Grantham and arrived there in an hour in Golfie with Himself next to me keeping quiet all the way. He rarely drives above 60 so it was a nice treat hehehe. Anyway, we bought that V40 and he's happy with it. Spose it's a lifetime playing around on ponies which keeps me young.

You should come to some shows, i go to them not to show my car just to look at others mostly, i think i might be on a stand this year tho Very Happy

i wouldnt worry about your engine bay im sure its alot better than mine, my rocker and cambelt cover are covered in rust! lol, im thinking of trying to find some used ones somwhere and having a go at polishing one meself but im not sure if il get round to that

Dan
Dan34
Dan34

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum